Nalagarh is the capital of the Kingdom of Hindur founded by Raja Ajai Chand in 1100 A.D.
It was ruled by the Chandela Rajputs who originate from Chanderi in the Bundelkhand region of Central India. The famous Khajuraho Temples were built by the Chandela Kings of yore.
The Fort was built during the region of Raja Bikram Chand in 1421. The present Raja of Nalagarh & his relatives extend a Royal Welcome.
"We want bygone days to linger in the minds of our guests and provide peace of mind by the square foot in this quaint Fortress".
Nalagarh is the gateway to Himachal Pradesh North India. 300 km north of Delhi, 60 km from Chandigarh, 40 km from Kalka & 20 km from Rupar the Fort is located on a hillock at the foot hills of the mighty Himalayas affording a panoramic view of the Shivalik Hills beyond the Sirsa river. The famous Naina Devi Temple is 60 kms from the fort & is visible from the ramparts on a clear day.
The ‘Garh’ rises above a 10 acre estate of forest and orchard-built on five levels three of which have well manicured green areas.
For your Comfort
8 Deluxe Rooms and 12 double Bed Rooms with all modern amenities. Dining room, well appointed bar & recreation rooms.
What you can do
Nature walks, Picnic to Ramgarh Fort & the famous Mughal Gardens at Pinjore, fishing at Gobind Sagar Lake, Gambar River & Satluj Barrage (in season), Naina Devi Darshan, badminton, gymnasium, herbal massage, pitch & Puff golf.
Conference hall, swimming, tennis and picnics by horse carriage will be added soon after the opening in Dec’94
Ramgarh Fort was built by Raja Ram Chander in 1540 on a hill top at a height of 4000 ft. located 21 km north of Nalagarh. A tented village resort within the walls of the Fort should be operational by the end of 1995. The Fort commands a breath-taking view of the plains and towns of the Punjab as well as the perenially snow clad peaks of the Himalayas.
Ramgarh is an important landmark of the famous Gurkha wars of the early mid-nineteenth century.